BWY South West Regional News
- The primary function of the County Rep. is to promote Yoga in the community.
- Offer support to members and deal with general enquiries.
- Make membership more attractive by organising events. Booking Teachers, Venues, Take bookings.
- Organise In Service Training events and one First Aid day a year, keep members informed.
- Attend & participate in the 4 regional meetings a year and the Regional AGM and the Regional Yoga Festival
- Play an active part in committee meetings
- To assist and support the County Representative, to help in the general administration of the County Rep role where needed.
- To attend some seminars or IST days if the County Rep/Organisers is unavailable.
- Play an active part in Committee meetings if possible and/or offer feed back on regional/committee matters
- To produce an Income and Expenditure statement summary for the National Treasurer in November/December each year, and summarise the report to the members via the website and RAGM.
- To receive and make payments on behalf of the region. In doing this the RT should have input into the financial policies and procedures within the region, and ensure procedures in the financial OPs are in place
- To attend and participate in Regional committee meetings, the RT is the primary contact for all matters concerning finances and expenses within the region.
- Processes claims from the regional committee and support teams.
From the Regional Officer
Welcome to the website of the British Wheel of Yoga South West Region, providing information on yoga classes, events and training in the region. For information about the site’s features, see How to use this website.
If you are a BWY member, you can access news and information about yoga events and classes in our region. If you are a teacher, you will find lots of useful information about further training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and also, importantly, you can ensure that your class information is current by accessing the Manage my Yoga classes page. If you are looking for a yoga class in your area, you can access up-to-date class listings by our teachers in this region where we list classes by county, type and provide maps and locations so you can easily find them.
For information about the volunteer committee that runs our region, or to contact committee members, see the Regional Contacts page. We have many excellent teachers in our region, lots of training opportunities and a vast range of yoga events to suit everyone, whether you live in the region or whether you are one of the many visitors who come to the South West each year.
If you want any further information about the area, your County Representative will be happy to help. See Join the British Wheel (opens new window) if you would like to become a member of our growing organisation.